Saturday, March 9, 2013

Soundtracks

I became super busy this week between studying for an epic math test and my broken ankle (which I thought was just a sprain) I have not viewed too much media this week. I have found that I am so much more productive without it (who knew right?!?!). I was able to study for hours and days for my test. I also found more time to nurse my ankle! Although I still listened to my movie soundtracks while I studies to drown out any extra noise in my apartment. I love movies soundtracks. For a long time soundtracks would be all I listened to. When I was in middle school I was exposed to things I did not like and felt very uncomfortable with. The music was not wholesome and often had disturbing messages and lyrics and I just wanted no part of it so I went to soundtracks. I have quite the collection and still listen to them often. I have found that listening to them calms me and allows me to focus. When I listen for just recreational purposes I often imagine what is happening at the movie at that time. I have gotten emotional during movies but it isn't usually because of the great story and plot and performance of the actors but because of the music. For example, While I was watching Lord of the Rings the Return of the King there is a part towards the beginning when they are trying to light the beacons to call for aid. The movie just pans across "Middle Earth" showing everyone light the beacons.  This isn't really a pinnacle part of the movie and nothing is really happening but the music gets me every time. My mom does the same thing. Needless to say... I'm a nerd... and an emotional wimp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIhnYFRu4ao

1 comment:

  1. Soundtracks are awesome. I love my Lord of the Rings soundtrack...it just makes whatever you're doing at the time so much better.

    ReplyDelete