Saturday, March 30, 2013

Media and Family


We discussed Family in the Media in class today and I kept thinking about the media I watch with families and thought of my favorites and how it measures up to the discussion in class.

I love The Incredibles, which was mentioned in class. I love the parents and the kids, especially Dash. I love seeing the family and how they work together and support each other. Yes, they fought and have problems but they work through it. I especially loved seeing Violet and Dash who fight all the time but truly have each others’ back.

I also love Meet the Robinsons. This first starts as a poor orphan kid but ends with his own family. I love this because even the adoptive family can be a great family! Lewis fits perfectly with is adoptive parents. Also I love seeing how great his future family! I love this movie so much and get a little emotional every time I watch it, even just thinking about this movie, while writing this. (I’m ridiculous!)

Now I watch a few family shows but I can honestly say that my absolute favorite family show is The Cosby show.  Claire and Cliff are great parents, let their kids make their own decisions as well as guide and direct them and support them. They are also very funny which reminds me so much of my own family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment