Friday, March 1, 2013

PSYCH IS BACK!!!!!

PSYCH... IS... BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so stoked for Wednesday Feb 27th because I knew my favorite show was back!!! YES!!!!!! I was looking forward to it the entire day. I kept looking online at the tv guides to see what time exactly it was going to start (because Utah is stupid with its show times)! But I was so excited, if you did not already know!

(SPOILERS!!) This episode picked up where they left of last season (9 months ago... which is way too long to wait!!) on the beach where Henry (Shawn's dad) got shot. This episode is all about Shawn trying to find his dad's shooter and the events going on around it.

The Good:
1) New opening sequences
I love the opening sequences, I love the song and I like seeing the new pictures and looking forward to those new episodes!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMYuE0IZQ34

2) It finally answered the question of Henry: is he gonna die or will he live?
I always thought he was going to survive because how can you have Psych without the odd, contentious, respectful, funny relationship of Shawn and Henry?

3) Shawn's love for his father
You always knew Shawn did love and care about his dad but they do fight and argue most of the time. It was good to see how much he truly does love and care for him. He was so angry and upset, he kind of went off the deep end, definite psychological and emotional issues he was experiencing. But I did like seeing the lengths he would go to for his dad. This was the first time you heard Shawn say "I love you" to his dad. He is sitting by his dad's side in the hospital talking to him and he says "I just don't think its time for you to go" and "I love you.............r french toast!"
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200386434759017&set=vb.6193822146&type=2&theater

4) Despite the seriousness of this episode it was still really funny!
It was its typical Psych self. I was laughing throughout the episode. I particularly loved what Shawn did to the Blueberry and then the poor Cranberry. :)

5) Juliet
She was worried about Shawn the entire episode and was always there for Shawn and to quote Shawn near the end of the episode "I have the best girlfriend in the world!" Yes, yes Shawn you do!!! :)

6) Chief Vick
I have always loved Chief Vick but she was particularly awesome in this episode and what she and Shawn did "not" discuss!

7) Lassie
Lassie was awesome in this episode as well. I loved his weapons envy and how he acts like a kid in a toy story when it comes to episode. Who knew he had a favorite type of mine... but of course it isn't surprising if you know Lassie. Also he helped Shawn, showing that despite how much Shawn irks him and frustrates him he does like and care for him like they are friends.

The Bad:
1) Relief too soon?!?!
I was hoping that the question of Henry's fate would have been more up in the air the whole episode and not reveal that he was going to live until the end but they wrapped that up pretty quick, definitely within the first 10 minutes or so. I just thought it would have been better and Shawn's behavior would have made more sense if it wasn't so certain that Henry was going to be fine.

Loved it!!!! Such a great episode, definitely worth the hype! Can't wait until next week!! My show is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Shawn really did go off the deep end. Personally, I wouldn't have let him anywhere near that semi-automatic gun, or the ax, or...oh, sorry, spoilers. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good ole Psych. I haven't seen the last season yet, so I had to skip through most of this post cause I don't know what happens at the end of the last season! I'll have to wait until it comes out on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I totally agree with everything you said. My husband and I are major lovers of Psych. It was great to have them back, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a little more uncertainty about Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, I am so so glad that Psych is back!

    ReplyDelete