Thursday, February 7, 2013

Aren't You a Little Old...? NO


PHINEAS AND FERB 

I love Phineas and Ferb. It has something for everyone, everyone in my family watches this show, even my mom and dad who are quite a few years wiser than I. My media professor is the same age as my oldest brother, so that is fairly telling. Phineas us just so funny, Ferb is great with his one-liners at the end of every episode, Isabella “watcha doin’?” and Perry is my absolute favorite!! I own many Perry the Platypus items (shirts, pjs, hats)!

Honorable Mentions:
Dude We’re Getting the Band Back together!
Summer Belongs to You!
It isn’t until the end of the episode but it makes fun of Spongbob Squarepants, a show I absolutely detest so that’s why this one has to be mentioned, and its funny!

10) Elementary my Dear Stacy
First of all, it is a Sherlock Holmes reference so I automatically love it. Candace and her friend Stacy try to “bust” her brothers using Sherlock Holmes’ tactics. Perry works with “Agent Double 0” a spoof off of 007, which makes it also awesome because who doesn’t love Bond?

9) Nerds of a Feather
This is the “comic-con” type episode and the endless debate between sci-fi and fantasy. I have never been to comic-con but I feel like this is an accurate portrayal of it, at least in my mind it is.

8) The Chronicles of Meap
An alien crash-lands in Phineas and Ferb’s backyard and they try to help him get back. This is a spoof of all sorts of sci-fi type movies, specifically E.T. and Star Wars.

7) Best Lazy Day
Phineas and Ferb decide to have a lazy day and Candace doesn’t believe them, but the reason why I love is about Perry the Platypus and Dr Doofinshmirtz. Dr. D creates an ugly-inator to make everyone else ugly so he is perceived as the most handsome person. In the scuffle between Dr. D. and Perry, Dr. D gets hit with the ugly-inator, “Oh no, now I’m ugly… oh I get it hardy har har.”

6) That Sinking Feeling
Phineas and Ferb’s friend Baljeet has a friend coming over, who is a girl and finds himself attracted to her so Phineas and Ferb decide to make a “love boat” for them. My favorite part though is in the attempt to romanticize the environment there are a bunch of que’s: “Que-Pid!!”

5) Lake Nose Monster
The Flynn-Fletchers take a trip to Lake Nose, and they attempt to find the Lake Nose Monster. There are so many funny lines and situations in this one that I love. “Of all the lakes I’m glad we picked the nose” hehe

4) Are you my Mummy?
Phineas and Ferb are inspired by a museum movie about mummies to go in search of their own. This one is so funny, and again has many funny lines. “Is my nose really that pointy?”

3) Flop Starz
Phineas and Ferb decide to be a “one hit wonder” with meaningless lyrics and a catchy tune. The words are meaningless but it gets stuck in my head every time. This is actually what sparked my interest to write about it, my roommate asked me what the song was with the baby talk and meaning less lyrics and I started singing it for her, yes I know every word!


2) S’Winter
This is another one that I just love because of the Perry story line. Perry gets trapped in every episode and eventually escapes and this time Perry is trapped in some sort of brown substance, ha “don’t worry its not what you think.” And then of course… “you ate your own hinny?”

My all time favorite episode…..
 
DRUM ROLL PLEASE……

1) Roller coaster
This episode is the very first episode. There are so many funny lines in this episode, I die laughing every time, also Ferb is hammering nails into the tracks of the rollercoaster and the hammer bounces off the nail and hits him in the nose, it is very fast, extremely difficult to spot you have to pay attention. When I discovered it I had to rewind it (thank goodness for tivo) to make sure. And then kept rewinding it because of how funny it was!




1 comment:

  1. You make me want to go watch cartoons. But aren't I a little too old to be doing that? Oh, wait, checking the post's title...

    ReplyDelete