Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Favorite Bands...


I have 5 Favorite bands that I absolutely love, I have a hard time ranking them so I won’t put an official number by them but will attempt to put them in order and pick my FIVE favorite songs by them.

Coldplay
 I love their sound. They are so unique and just fun to listen to. I am always feel so calm and peaceful when I listen to them. Many of my favorites have such great lyrics that are so inspiring and fun.
Honorable Mention: Paradise, Viva La Vida
5) Clocks
4) Waterfall
3) Yellow
2) Fix You
1) Kingdom Come


Muse
Muse is a very interesting choice for me. Quite different from my personality and more hard core and extroverted of myself but I love it. These are some great work out songs or just great I can do anything type songs. I love running to this music and I also love listening to them as I am walking up to classes where I have homework and projects and upcoming test, they make me feel like I can do anything!! “I will be Victorious!!!!!
Honorable Mention: Undisclosed Desires, Supermassive Black Hole
5) Starlight
4) Uprising
3) Resistance
2) Time is Running Out
1) Hysteria

OneRepublic
I just really enjoy their stuff. They have some great lyrics and again I feel very good and positive after listening to them. Also their songs have certain associations with them. Especially their song Secrets, first time I heard it I was watching Sorcerer’s Apprentice, a movie I loved and immediately fell in love with the song.
Honorable Mention: Marching On and Apologize
5) All This Time
4) Stop and Stare
3) Waking Up
2) Secrets
1) Feel Again

Imagine Dragons
These guys are very big right now, they have been officially signed with a record company for about a year now but I have loved these guys for about four years, when they first started. My brother introduced them to me when I was a freshman at BYU. I went with him several times to go watch them at the velour. I loved their music, and I got so excited when they were first on the radio. My favorite thing about Imagine Dragons is that they are so good listening to them but they are so much better live (which you do not see very often)!!!!!! I cannot help but dance and sing, I cannot be upset when listening to Imagine Dragons! I have a few favorites from their old stuff and from the new album.
Honorable Mention: I Don’t Mind
5) I Need a Minute
4) Selene
3) Radioactive
2) It’s Time
1) Demons

The Killers
This was another band introduced to me by my brother. And it is my favorite thing (in my opinion it is the only cool thing about it) about being from Las Vegas, because The Killers are too and some of their songs have Vegas references and its pretty fun. I love listening to their music, it makes me so happy and I cannot help but smile, dance, and sing when I hear them. Seriously if you see my smiling while I have earphones in its probably because I’m listening to The Killers (or a very funny thing happened while listening to an audiobook, most likely Harry Potter)!
Honorable Mention: Smile Like You Mean It and Mr. Brightside
5) Human
4) Dustland Fairytale
3) Sam’s Town
            My brother and I always try to time listening to this one on our way back home perfectly to when we can see the lights of “Sam’s Town (Vegas)!
2) Spaceman
1) All These Things That I’ve Done






1 comment:

  1. I love love love these bands. Okay, so I haven't heard a whole lot of Muse, and The Killers I know more for their sound than any particular album or whatever, but Coldplay, OneRepublic, and Imagine Dragons? Please, they're the best. To your list I would add Hear Me, Amsterdam, and Tiptoe for Imagine Dragons, Come Home and Say (All I Need) for OneRepublic, and pretty much every other Coldplay song I've ever heard. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete