Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Office

Alright, absolutely loved The Office, the first few seasons were amazing, so funny and great. Michael and Dwight were so odd and hilarious you couldn't help but love them, although I will admit it took me a while to warm up to them, especially Dwight but he is now my favorite! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PL4wUIFU-c (words to live by...!)
One of my favorite parts of the show is Jim and Dwight's banter, I love Jim's pranks on Dwight. http://www.hulu.com/watch/308687#i2,p0,d2

I will confess that I started watching it because of Jim and Pam. The best couple on television for quite some time. I completely fell for Jim and wanted so desperately for Pam to realize she loved him. I was on cloud-nine when they finally got together, it was beautiful.

Now, once Jim and Pam got married http://www.hulu.com/watch/101187?playlist_id=732 the show slowly fell, and it hit rock bottom once Michael Scott left. It is awful and I get sorely disappointed when I watch the new ones, but I have to see it through till the end. The most recent episode was horrible. It had several funny moments but was extremely disappointed.


Jim and Pam are my favorite characters and things are not going well this season. (SPOILER) In this season, Jim is in Philadelphia every so often in an attempt to start up his own business with a couple of his friends, which left Pam all alone. In this past episode, Jim is in Philadelphia and is trying to come back to Scranton because his daughter Cece has her first dance recital. Unfortunately, he gets caught up at work  and cannot make it, but wants Pam to record it with her phone for him. He asks to make sure she can do it because poor Pam is a little technologically challenged. Pam goes to the recital and starts recording, but then receives an important phone call interrupting her recording of the recital. She ends up only recording the very beginning and the end. Things do not go well at work for Jim and calls Pam for a pick-me-up, he wants her to upload Cece's dance recital and she tells him she didn't get it, trying to do so in a light mood and to tell him good news but he doesn't let her say anything more and just gets angry and upset with her. They end up having a fight, which leaves Pam in tears.

It broke my heart to see them fight and to see Pam so distraught. I hated it. I am not looking forward to where this final season of The Office (which is long overdue) is headed. I love them, and it will be awful to break them apart, if they do what in the world was the point of the show anyway?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. So I have a confession - I've never actually really watched The Office! I know I would like it, but for some reason I'm saving it until the whole thing is done and then I can watch it from the start. No clue why!

    ReplyDelete