Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Percy Jackson


I am so excited!!! I saw a movie trailer the other night and I am so excited!!!
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters

I love this series! I have always been intrigued and interested in Greek and Roman mythology, I think it all started with the Disney movie Hercules!

Hercules was one of my favorite movies as a kid and I remember watching it all the time and wanting to be Meg all the time. This movie started my love of mythology. I remember being a freshman in high school and there was a unit on mythology and I absolutely loved it! I have even taken several mythology type classes at BYU in the Classical Traditions department. I loved reading these books and seeing the connections made to mythology and past stories that I have read previously.

My mother introduced me to the Percy Jackson series and I remember reading all of the five books within a weeks time. I loved these books and was so excited when I discovered that they were going to make them into movies. The first one Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief came out when I was a freshman here at BYU and my friend and I went to the midnight showing because we were so excited! I remember we were the oldest people there that were not parents. We felt kinda silly but we really wanted to see this movie. We walked out of the theater and we did enjoy ourselves but were also quite disappointed because it lacked many of the plot points of the book and many differences.

I was upset because I was afraid they would not make the second one let alone the rest of the series because this was really lacked plot and story and changed some things.

I am excited for Sea of Monsters because it looks like it is bringing the story back
1) It has the oracle!!
The oracle is the serious plot development in the books because she hands out the quests for the demigods to go on to often times save the world.
The Oracle gives I call them “mini-quests” something that reveals the plot for each book which is to help the “great prophecy” which is the purpose of the entire series.

2) It seems to have many of the vital points of the book in this movie but that is just from seeing the trailer so we shall see, anything can happen.

3) They have many of the same actors, which I appreciated because I quite liked the cast they had. Especially Percy, because while reading the books I fell in love with this stupid fictional boy and it was nice to have Logan Lerman portray him because I find him extremely attractive!!
 
4) Anabeth is a blonde!!!
It really bugged me in the first movie when Anabeth had brown hair when she is suppose to have blonde but she does so I am happy!!

5) They brought in more characters from the books into this movie that were supposed to be in the first one but were not! Like Clarisse, from Ares! She is an irksome character but kinda important. Also it looks like they brought in Tyson who I also love so that’s exciting! They also have Dionysis who I greatly missed in the first movie!!! 

6) Nathan Fillion is in it!!!! :) I love Castle!! 
 
I am so excited for this! One of my favorite books are coming back to be put into movie and I hope it is better than the first!!! I cannot wait! I want to reread these books again so I think I have my summer book list planned.. at least for a week anyway, and then I can start the continuation story over again and read the new ones!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment